FORT WORTH, Texas — UPDATE —Now-former Fort Worth Police Department officer Aaron Dean has been arrested and charged with murder in the shooting of Atatiana Jefferson in her own home early Saturday morning.

Dean was arrested at approximately 6 p.m. on Monday.

Dean is being held on a $200,000 bond at the Tarrant County Jail.

A press conference is expected on Tuesday with additional updates in the case.

This is a developing story.

ORIGINAL — A Fort Worth Police Department officer who shot and killed a woman in her home early Saturday morning has resigned, hours before he was to be fired, according to Fort Worth Police Department Chief Ed Kraus.

Around 2:25 a.m., on Saturday, October 12, 2019, two Fort Worth police officers responded to an "open structure" call for service in the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue after a neighbor called the department's non-emergency line and reported activity he believed was "not normal" — the lights were on, their vehicles were there, but the front door had been wide open for an extended period of time and he had not observed the neighbors in the house, according to police.

Two officers parked nearby, not in front of the house, and approached the house on foot to investigate, the department stated. Body camera footage, released by the department on Sunday, shows the officers work their way around to the rear of the residence where one of the officer's observed Atatiana Jefferson inside the residence, yelled "put your hands up, show me your hands," and discharged his duty weapon at Jefferson through a window, striking her once. She was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Police say Jefferson's eight-year-old nephew was standing nearby at the time of the shooting.

The officer, who has now been identified by police as Aaron Dean, was to be interviewed by the Fort Worth Police Department's Major Crimes Unit on Monday.

Kraus had also intended to meet with Dean Monday morning to terminate his employment for violations of several departmental policies, including the use of deadly force, failure to de-escalate, and professional conduct. Prior to that meeting, Kraus says Dean tendered his resignation.

Kraus also says separation paperwork for Dean sent to the state's licensing authority, the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, will reflect he was dishonorably discharged.

An update on the criminal investigation is expected by tomorrow, Kraus said Monday.

Additionally, Kraus says the department has presented a preliminary case to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to review Dean's actions for possible civil rights violations.

Dean was hired by the Fort Worth Police Department on August 21, 2017, and was commissioned as a licensed peace officer on April 13, 2018. His departmental record only showed a previous traffic accident.