MESQUITE, Texas — Ricky Stevenson, 29, of Mesquite, Texas, was sentenced by a Collin County jury to 59 years in prison for aggravated kidnapping, announced Collin County District Attorney Greg Willis.

“It’s a parent’s worst nightmare for their own child to be forcibly prostituted by a human trafficker. We’ve now secured justice by forcing that trafficker to pay the consequences. We thank this jury for a sentence that’s both strong and just,” said Willis after sentencing.

On January 23, 2021, Stevenson took a female to a nail salon in Plano, Texas. After paying for their services and exiting the salon, Stevenson was seen punching the female so hard that she fell to the ground.

Stevenson then grabbed her, dragged her by her hair and clothes, and threw her in his car. The female was able to stumble out of the car in an attempt to get away from Stevenson. Stevenson grabbed her by the hair a second time and attempted to throw her back into the car, but she was able to escape and run to safety of eye witnesses who had started to approach in an attempt to intervene.

The assault was captured on surveillance cameras.

Plano Police Department Detective Aaron Benzick investigated this case. His investigation revealed that the female had been prostituted by Stevenson beginning at age 16, and she was only 17 at the time of the assault.

The jury found Stevenson guilty of the first degree felony. During the punishment phase of trial, Detective Benzick testified that he identified at least two other women that Stevenson had been prostituting, one of whom he had also physically assaulted. Prosecutors presented evidence that Stevenson had previous felony convictions for Assault family Violence Impeding Breathe and Assault Family Violence with a Previous Conviction. The jury also heard about Stevenson’s social media posts, boasting about being a pimp and controlling women. The jury assessed punishment at 59 years in prison.

Judge Angela Tucker presided over the case.

Assistant District Attorneys Ann Mathew and Dewey Mitchell prosecuted the case, assisted by District Attorney Investigator Stephanie Strickland and Assistant District Attorney John Rolater.