FORT WORTH, Texas — A man arrested in Fort Worth in connection with two sexual assaults and an outstanding warrant for indecent exposure is now facing a murder charge, according to police.
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019, the Fort Worth Police Department arrested 31-year-old Lee Dexter Joiner on two counts of sexual assault and an outstanding Dallas County warrant for indecent exposure. He has since been charged with capital murder.
Joiner was identified by the Fort Worth Police Department Sex Crimes and Homicides Unit as a potential suspect in an August 29th sexual assault, a September 3rd sexual assault, and the September 7th homicide.
"He was interviewed and is currently in the custody of the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office," read a statement from the Fort Worth Police Department. "In order to protect the integrity of these investigations, specific details cannot be released."
Fort Worth police released these limited details on the cases:
• Homicide: Report #: 19077563
- Occurred on Sept. 7 at approximately 1:30 a.m.
- The victim’s body, a 53-year-old Hispanic female, was dumped at 1500 S. Ederville Road.
• Sexual Assault: Report #: 190074772
- Occurred on Aug. 29 at approximately 5:00 a.m. in the 1900 block of S. Ederville Road.
- The victim is a 38-year-old African American female
• Sexual Assault: Report #: 190076149
- Occurred on Sept. 3 at approximately 4:30 a.m.
- The victim is a 40-year-old African-American female.