DALLAS, Texas — With their parks closed due to COVID-19, Disney decided to bring us a little bit of the parks to our homes.
On Sunday, Disney released their famous churro recipe on their Disney Parks Blog and invited everyone to cook up the magic at home.
“Being a BIG fan of Disney Parks snacks myself, this has inspired us to share one of my favorite recipes so you can continue creating #DisneyMagicMoments," stated Alex Dunlap, the Food and Beverage Communications Coordinator.
"This recipe is inspired by the delicious snack that can be found at all of our parks across the globe," he said.
The recipe calls for basic ingredients that most of us have in our pantry already including; butter, salt, cinnamon, flour, eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
More of a visual person? Here is a step-by-step video released by Disney: