KILLEEN, Texas — Police say one person is dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot sound and another person has been arrested in connection to the disappearance of Fort Hood solider, Vanessa Guillen.

Yesterday, multiple law enforcement agencies found partial human remains along the Leon River in Bell County. Investigators are still awaiting positive identification of those remains.

In the late hours of Tuesday, June 30, 2020, Special Agents with the Army Fort Hood Criminal Investigation Division (CID) contacted the Killeen Police Department and the U.S. Marshal's Lone Star Fugitive Task Force to assist with a person of interested in connection with the missing soldier, Vanessa Guillen.

"We were informed that the person of interest had left the post and was inside the City of Killeen," stated the Killeen Police Department. "During the course of the investigation, information was provided on the location of the suspect. The suspect was located walking in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue and as officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, the suspect produced a weapon and committed suicide by shooting himself."

The person of interest, was an active duty soldier who's name is being withheld pending the notification of next of kin, was pronounces deceased at the scene at 1:17 a.m. by Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin.

A civilian, whose name has not yet been released, was arrested by Texas Rangers in connection with Guillen's disappearance. "The civilian suspect is the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood Soldier and is currently in custody in the Bell County Jail awaiting charges by civilian authorities," stated the Army Criminal Investigation Division.

"Additionally, the Texas Rangers, with assistance from Army CID and other agencies, are still processing the scene at the Leon River in Bell County, Texas, where partial human remains were discovered yesterday," stated Army CID. "Coordination has been made with Armed Forces Medical Examiner Services, who will assist with dental x-rays/DNA for identification by the Southwest Institute of Forensic Science, Dallas, Texas. A positive identification of the remains is pending."

The Army Criminal Investigation Division says they have been working closely with multiple law enforcement agencies throughout this investigation including, the FBI, Belton Police Department, Bell County Sheriff’s Department, the United States Marshals Service, the Texas Rangers and the Texas Department of Public Safety.

“There is still a lot of investigative work to be done and we ask for the public and media’s patience,” stated Chief of Public Affairs/Media, Christopher Grey. “There are obviously pieces of information and evidence that cannot be shared with the public during an active criminal investigation. Doing so can seriously jeopardize the charging and successful prosecution of individuals. When important investigative information is prematurely released, criminals can and will destroy evidence, conspire to change their stories, build false alibis, etc.”